Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Looking for the Fruits of our Labor

Hey Family,
How are you guys?  I loved your emails and pictures.  I am so happy to hear that you guys are all alive and doing well!  Looks like Idaho was fun!  This week was really difficult so this might be a short email.  We only have one investigator and we are having to push her baptism back probably about 2 weeks because she was "not able to meet" (a.k.a. burned us hard) with every planned lesson this week.  She also didn't come to church, so we need to find out what is going on.  We need to find out and understand her needs and why she is bailing out on us lately.  We are disappointed about it, but just trying to rely on the Spirit and the will of the Lord to tell us when and how to proceed.  Please pray for us to know how to help her.
Other than that, we have no investigators, which is a bummer. We are working hard, meeting with members and trying to find more investigators, but the fruits of our labors are not showing yet.  It is really difficult, as I'm sure you can understand.  It is hard to look at the other two elders in our Branch who are just soaring and teaching tons of lessons and investigators at church and not feel bad, or get down about yourself.  I am trying my very best to be a good trainer and not let my companion down, but that is sometimes difficult under the present circumstances.  We are working hard though, but sometimes I feel like my companion thinks we are being lazy seeing that we have no one to meet with as of late, and when I enforce rules that cause us to study for 5 hours a day, it makes it worse because then we are just in the house, the place every missionary hates to be.  We want to be out finding and teaching.  I am not as sad as this email might sound, just so you know. So don't worry about me.  I  am doing good, but we are just having a hard time.  Keeping positive is the only way out!  
Love you all,
Elder Harris

I realized that I took no pictures this week so I hurried and snapped this one of Elder Moore at the net cafe typing our emails home.  Sorry.  I'll do better next week.

Another elder shared this photo of all of us riding in a bus during Tsagaan Sar.  

No comments:

Post a Comment