Tuesday, November 24, 2015

This is your Frozen Mongolian Missionary Son!


Dear Family,

Well this past week was good, nothing too crazy.  It got super cold, just out of nowhere.  I mean COLD!  Way below "0" cold!  Mom, if you ever come to this beautiful country, which I know you will, you cannot come in the winter.  You will FREEZE, then die!  This week, we had -24 degrees in the evening when we were walking to appointments.  Funny thing is, we don't even wear beanies in that weather.  We are just so accustomed to it that -24 means nothing.  Ears are a little cold and that's it.  Welcome to Mongolia!

This week we were able to meet with one investigator.  His name is Kharibold and he is 30 years old and in law school and pretty smart.  He is a super fun investigator because he really wants proof for everything, and he likes to talk science.  He wants the scientific reasoning behind a lot of subjects.  We are really trying to teach him simple truths and to help him understand the principle of faith and help him to understand how the Holy Ghost can help him know the truth of all things.   We are praying that his heart softens and that he will decide to be baptized on December 12th, before I leave.  His mother is a great member and he testified to us that he has seen how the gospel has blessed her and her family.

Also this week, we went and met with two less active brothers, Tsogtsaikhan and Dashjamts.  President Benson came with us.  It was such a treat to have President there with us.  We were able to teach such a great lesson, but man, it is nerve racking when President is sitting next to you in a lesson because his Mongolian is flawless, I mean perfect!  Anyways, the lessons were great and we brought the Spirit into these brothers' homes.  Brother Dashjamts came to church on Sunday, so that was real special.  Brother Tsogtsaikhan is homebound, so we took the sacrament to him and his sick mother on Sunday after church.  It was a great experience.  He had no bread, so we just used dried crumbs from old Tsaagan Sar boov (hard pastry) for the sacrament.  You make do when you have to!

Elder Bilguun and I are doing great!  He is an amazing Elder. I love him and am so thankful for him in this part of my mission.  I am learning so much from him and he is giving me far more than I feel like I am giving him.

Anyways, it is really cold here!  Too cold!  I get snowflakes on my eyelashes and eyebrows when we are out and about!  I just went out and bought new socks to double layer them when walking around outside!   Have I told you lately that I love Mongolia!

Love,

Elder Harris, your frozen Mongolian missionary son


FROZEN!

 My comp and me!   Elder Bilguun is an amazing Elder. I love him and am so thankful for him in this part of my mission.  I am learning so much from him and he is giving me far more than I feel like I am giving him.

 Proselyting on the bus windows!   Lehi’s dream and the tree of life!

At the fireside with Sister Esplin and Sister Marriott.  My comp and I are sitting on the right-hand side on about the 3rd row.  You can see the back of our heads!  Great meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment