Saturday, September 12, 2015

Our talent is God’s gift to us. How we use that talent is our gift to God.

Dear Family,

Well, this week Elder Radman and I only taught four lessons, but the success really isn’t shown in the numbers.  We met with six less active Melchizedek brethren.  We had really good discussions with all of them, and two of them came to church this week. We will continue to be working with them, but we are confident that we can reactivate these six brethren.  They are all just kind of on the fence and with a push from the Branch President and the Elders Quorum, they will be back.

This week I read a lot about talents and light. “Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven” (3 Nephi 12:16). I really loved this scripture. I have realized the talents I have and the light I can show for the cause of Christ, and it is extraordinary.  This week I read a talk by Chad Lewis, a former NFL player and BYU stud. He quoted a friend of his who was an inductee to the NFL Hall of Fame. He said, "Our talent is God’s gift to us. How we use that talent is our gift to God.  My sincere hope and prayer is that God finds my gift back to him a worthy one." I really just can't wait to let my light shine to the world after the mission and show others that I am truly His disciple. I have been doing it on my mission, but I can't wait to carry His name as an Returned Missionary who glorifies the Father in all he does.

Love,

Elder Harris

Elder Radman and I in front of the Bayanzurkh Building in Ulaanbaatar.

The famous, or infamous, camel painting in UB.

 Ulaanbaatar at Sunrise.

Bayanzurkh LDS Church Building in Ulaanbaatar.  This building houses a church, the Mission Headquarters, and the Mission President’s home.

 (Not sure what they are doing, but they look like they’re having fun!  Marc is in the back…with the glasses on?)

No comments:

Post a Comment