Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A Hard, but Great Week in the Mission!


Dear Family!

Hey, so even though this week was hard, I still had great time!

Elder Higgs, Sister Jagii, Sister Bolor (the two Sister Training Leaders), and I represented our Zone in Missionary Leadership Council this week with President Benson. It was great, and we learned so much being with him for 5 hours.  President taught me how to make the best pancakes and he was so proud that I was able to learn his technique.  Pretty funny baisan!    We took everything we learned from MLC, and then on Saturday passed it all down to our Zone in a 2-hour Zone Training Meeting.  I conducted, along with Elder Higgs.  The two Sister Training Leaders did great in their parts of training the Zone.  We are so blessed to have THE best Mongolian Sister Training Leaders in OUR Zone.  Our main focus was about Personal Study and the foundation it sets for the mission and for the rest of our life.  President Benson said something that hit me really hard.  He said, "When you look back on your mission, you won't care about being an AP or ZL or Branch President or how many baptisms you had.  You will only care about the habits your developed on your mission, and the things you learned to convert yourself."  I loved that.  I kind of made a quote for myself about what he said.  "I need habits that will take me to the grave, carry me past the judgement seat, and stay with me throughout the eternities."  HABITS. That is all it is about.

My companion and I had many, many investigators this week.  When we called them, they all accepted to meet with us.  But then when we hung up, they must have all laughed and said, "SIKE!"  Yea, they all burned us!!   I told my companion....Welcome to missionary life!  We were blessed to get four lessons in, though, mostly  with the 16-year old girl we've been teaching.  With Tsaagan Sar (the big Mongolian holiday) right around the corner, her mother is still very busy, so we never were able to meet with her.  The daughter is great, and it looks like she has about two weeks left until baptism. Please pray for her!

Well, I love you guys!  Have a great week.  Hope you enjoy the pictures.

Elder Harris


This is our entire Zone at our Zone Training Meeting.

A "Selfie" of Elder Olivas, Elder Higgs, my companion Elder Bilguun, and me before church on Sunday.

Elder Bilguun, Oyunjargal, and me.  Oyunjargar is sporting her Vegas t-shirt!

P-Day basketball at the church!

This is my area....just chillin' outside the Like Hotel! 

Another shot of my area. 

No comments:

Post a Comment