Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Best week of my mission so far!

Dear Family,

So this week was definitely a great one, probably one of the best of my mission. Let's just say that many pages were written on in my journal with memories that will stay with me forever.  I am so excited for the weeks ahead.  Please pray harder than you have before for us here in Choibalsan.  We need it.
   
This Friday, Enktoya Ganbaatar was baptized!   I've sent pictures.  It was so amazing.  About 25 people showed up for the service, which is more than we have ever had.  Her and Brother Ganbaatar were just smiling ear to ear, and I could not be more happy for them.  Check this out.  This is 100% the happiest moment of my mission.  Let me enlighten you on what happened.  So this past week before the baptism, we meet Bro. Ganbaatar and Enktoya at the church to show her a Mongolian-made church video about baptism, and after the movie we had a great conversation with them.  Brother Ganbaatar just out of nowhere says, "Hey Harris, let's do this....We are coming to America in 2016, and we would like to meet up with you in Las Vegas and play some Poker."  I am just like, "Okaaaay."  But then he goes on to say, "No, we are going to meet up with my kids in Salt Lake City and we are going to go to the temple!"  I literally have never been so happy mom and dad.  I really can't even describe it.  It is like you guys describing how happy you were when I went to the temple for my own endowments...you really just can't put it into words!  So we talked about that for a while and how they want me to be there for their sealing to each other and their kids in the states.  Mom and Dad, 2016, mark your calendars!  We are going to the Salt Lake Temple with Ganbaatar's family!  They will become an eternal family!  I seriously love this work and watching the people I love make convents with Heavenly Father.  Nothing brings greater joy.
   
Naraa, Ganbayar's mom, is coming along just amazing.  She loves the church and does not miss an activity or event.  She has come to church three weeks in a row now, FHE (Family Home Evening), AND the past two baptisms.  She is really forming a relationship with her Heavenly Father, and we couldn't ask for more.  Heavenly Father truly is hearing our prayers for her, and He is blessing her more than we can even see. She is looking for the huge, "flashing lights" kind of answer to her prayers, but we have tried to help her understand that her answer will come through her faith and prayer, and her desire to follow or not follow Jesus Christ.  She is really responding to that, and starting to understand that this is a choice to accept it or not, and that it is 100% her choice. She says that she loves God, and church, and she has started reading the Book of Mormon.  She has a little problem though that hopefully can to be resolved. Her husband and the family that she works with at the market do not like church and they ridicule her for going and not working on Sunday.  They just want her to stay at the Zakh and sell vegetables.  She is really upset because she wants to be at church and they won't support her.  She called us last night as we were having FHE at a member's house, and she starting telling us all that happened with her family, and asking us what to do. So we hurried over to her house to meet her.  She was crying and telling us everything that happened, and I really had no clue what to say other than Heavenly Father loves her and knows her personally.  He has a plan for her, and she needs to make a personal choice to follow that plan or not.  She was so receptive and the meeting ended great.  She said how she is going to follow Ganbayar's example and go to church.  Please, please, pray for her.  She needs all the help and support she can get.  I really feel I was sent to Mongolia, and then to Choibalsan, for a specific reason....this family.  Kind of like when Matt was in Armenia on his mission and his relationship with Camo's family.

I love you guys so much, and I truly love this area and these people.  President told me to prepare to be here in Choibalsan for "some time."   Since my Sponsor for my English-teaching job is working out well here for me, that has a lot to do with it.  Our other investigators are doing good for the most part, and if all goes as planned, on September 12th, we should have 5 baptisms.

 Love you all,
 Elder Harris



Bro. Ganbaatar and his wife, Enktoya on Enktoya's baptism day!

 My Companion, Enktoya, Bro. Ganbaatar, and me.

My companion, me, and our best friend in Choibalsan, Erdenemunkh.  He loves hanging with us!  His mom is the Primary President.   That word in Mongolian means "homies," and the scripture is John 15:13.

No comments:

Post a Comment