Saturday, December 28, 2013

Merry Christmas

My Dearest Family, 

Well SURPRISE!! We were allowed to email for 20 minutes this morning because we wouldn't be able to call. It was pretty nice of the MTC Presidency to allow us to do that. You also will get my typical Friday email as well, so twice in one week! Can't complain, right? 

Well last night for our Christmas Eve Devotional we heard from Elder David Fox of the Quorum of the 70's. He rwas really good! He spoke on the importance of letters and emails while on your mission, and how you should never write anything that does not bring the missionary spirit to those that are reading it. He read letters from his dad that he received while he served in Japan. It really made me miss dad, and realize how extremely grateful I am to have a father like I do. Pretty emotional talk....So Dad.. I love you... I hope that the Missionary Spirit can be conveyed in my email today. After the devotional we watched Mr. Kruger's Christmas, and The Nativity. I love both of those movies! The Nativity brings such a spirit to all that watch. It truly testifies of Christ, and there is no denying that he did come to live on this Earth to redeem all mankind. Mr.Kruger's Christmas is just a classic, except this time it had a whole different meaning to me. It was quite a night. Then around 9:30 last night we opened all of our presents as a district! It was a great time! Thank you Mom, Dad, Ryan's Family, and Grandma for the Christmas packages! I'm sure Matt's got lost in shipping or something ;) We made a Christmas tree in our class room and everything, so it kinda felt like home I guess! The reason we opened them all last night was because we planned on taking a lot of things that we don't need, and re-gifting them to the two Elders and one Sister who are here from Mongolia. They have no Christmas whatsoever, so what better way to spread the Christmas Cheer ya know! I know that they will love it. They are coming to our class at 7:30 this morning to open them. I honestly can't wait! 

So today will be a very special Chirstmas for me, and I wouldnt trade it for anything. The Spirit around here is incredible. Every Elder and Sister was running around last night yelling, "MERRY CHRISTMAS" to everyone! It was a blast! But on top of the Chrsitmas Cheer that surrounds this campus, we will hear from a member of the Twelve Apostles today. It will truly be a moment I will never forget. I am so grateful to be here on this Christmas serving my Lord and Savior, and doing His work. There is no greater place to be. I know that. I love my Savior, and I am so eternally grateful that he came to this earth so that he could be a perfect example to us, and to Atone for all of our sins, pains, weaknesses, and griefs. I know without the birth of Jesus Christ, we would not get through this life. Please remeber Christ's birth today. It was a humble birth, so that he could raise from the bottom, all the way to the top. 

I love you family! Don't have too much fun up in Idaho without me! 

Love, 

Elder Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment